Wednesday, October 29, 2008

King Potiron

Pumpkin pie for all! All hail the Pumpkin King!


You may have noticed a distinct lack in progress and news here lately but it was it was not without worthy cause. Two big adventures were under way, the first was a twelve day trip to South Dakota and Wyoming, the second was our 6th Annual Halloween Gala. Both were amazing and a grand time was had by all.

As part of our preparations for Halloween, I picked up this behemoth of a pumpkin at an Amish farm on my way to work. When I say "picked up" I mean lifted with a bit of back strain and the assistance of a particularly tough Amish lady. If Liddy (pictured there) weighs 65 lbs I couldn't guess the weight of that beast. At least a few pies are on the list of things to do before Thanksgiving.

No comments: